CREATIVE MEDIA & PR ASSISTANT
DFA+ CMS Social Media Terms of Reference
CMS Africa is a non-profit that brings the African developers community together and champions the use of open source and premium software. We are looking for someone to work with us for a short time and on a part time basis. The person would be assisting the Head of Media and PR to coordinate our two upcoming virtual events.
- Creative Assistant to the Head of Media and PR
- Social media strategy that includes communication strategy for interaction with existing and new followers.
- In charge of speakers’ (logistics) for DFA and CMS Africa Summit (dfa.cmsafrica.org/cmsafricasummit.org)
- Working with a Graphics Designer.
- Build relationships and interactions CMS Africa’s Social media presence.
- Social Media content creation
- Email Newsletter style content creation
- Social media engagement
- Online community building
- Basic knowledge of Canva.com/Adobe photoshop/Adobe Spark.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Growing social media presences through quality content writing.
- Experience using social media scheduling and analytical tools
- Running online conversations
- Weekly report and on social media interactions
- Analysis and recommendations on next steps
- Research on other beneficial sites to create presence
- 3 month engagement
- 3 days in person per week (15 hours 8-3pm)
- Create and schedule content
- Interact on relevant platforms with other CMS pages content
- Provide the activity schedule
- Run online conversations
Fortunately, we are just looking for someone who knows how to do what we want. Education is good but we are pretty keen on delivery. Send us a CV, alright, but tell us what you have done before. It would be helpful if you can attach a sample of your writing, sample graphics you have done before. Portfolio and things like that.
But we expect you to have done Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or equivalent at least.
Please send application to email@example.com.